Friday, April 8, 2011

1 of 56

Of all the Birthday wishes I received today, and there were many, in the mail, in person, via email and on Facebook (say what you will about social networking....coming home to more than 60 Happy Birthday wishes really does feel good!), my favorite by far is the one pictured here.

Yes, it is an Anniversary card. But more importantly, it was chosen just for me by my granddaughter, my granddaughter who still misses her Great Grammy Lois, my granddaughter who took to heart the suggestion in our family that when you see a cardinal you see her great grandmother. When you see a cardinal, you see my mother.

No greater gift could I have received on my Birthday than the gift of my mother. No greater gift could I have received in my life than this amazing child who now fills it and keeps my mother with me.

It is Day 1 of 56 for me, and I am off to a great start.

No comments: