Monday, December 8, 2008

The Right Time

My daughter called me today to tell me she shared my blog with her friends. She read some of their comments to me at just the right time. A time when I needed to hear kindness, needed to hear her love, needed her. She's like that, quietly entering my days at the right moments, moments when I need to be reminded that work is not my entire life and sadness is not the only emotion I can feel.

My sister is like that, too...there at all the right times. Tonight our right time was at our mother's house, just the two of us drinking tea at the kitchen table surrounded by boxes of our mother's life. We talked of old times and new times and good times and bad then moved things from one room to another, pretending to pack, pretending to be ready for this transition in our mother's home.

Whether we are ready or not, transition comes and we must rely on ourselves and each other to help us through. I am blessed to have people in my life who do just that....let me rely on them. I hope I return the favor.

No comments: