Sunday, November 2, 2008

Strength


I still cling to the afterglow of our daughter's wedding. The beauty of that day and the confidence with which she entered into her marriage fills me with admiration for her and the woman she has become. As I watched her that day I was struck by the connection of the women in our family, the generations in our family (immediate and extended!) who have passed from one to the other the love of our family, the strength of our women and the joy of our lives together.

My mother passed these things on to my sister and to me. We have passed them on to our daughters. Our daughters and her daughters-in-law now pass them on to their children. How blessed we are to have had such strong role models. Women who loved their lives. Women who lived their lives with strength and dedication to their families, to us.

As I sift through the memories of my daughter's wedding my wish for her is that she recongize the beauty in her life, in her heritage and holds tight to it. Holds it close to her heart until it is time for her to pass it on.

No comments: