Saturday, August 20, 2011

Friday - August 20, 2011

I saw this technique on a website and thought I'd try it. My granddaughter asked to have her picture taken with her great grandmother, to be with her again in any way possible.

She carries this picture with her, takes it to daycare, sleeps with it by her side and when she's stressed, when she's tired or isn't getting her way, she turns to it, turns to her great grandmother. She turns to my mother for comfort.

I like this connection. I like that my granddaughter finds comfort where I always did, with my mother. There is something about this connection that feels right. There is something about this connection that feels real. There is something about this connection that keeps my mother alive in the next generation of our family. This will be short-lived. But while it is here, while my granddaughter remembers my mother, I get to remember her, too.

No comments: