Monday, August 22, 2011

Inspiration

We find inspiration in many places and through different people. It is inspiration that holds us up, pushes us to be our best. With inspiration we do better. Today I was inspired by a friend from my undergrad days, my former Biology lab partner, a Nursing colleague. Today I was inspired by Pat.

Today, throughout my day at work, a day filled with meetings, calls, e-mails and decisions, Pat was on my mind. She was with me when my alarm went off, on my drive to work, in my meetings and as I answered emails. She was with me when I checked her blog off and on all day (if they check my computer at work tonight they will find all the internet time!).

Today, Pat inspired me with her courage, her dedication, her commitment and her strength. She inspired me with her excellence. She inspired me.

Pat is in the record books now. She earned her place today. Her place among others who inspire. Today Pat did something no other 60 year old woman has done. Today Pat swam the English Channel.

Inspiration....you never know where you will find it.

No comments: