Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's Just Who We Are


I have written a lot about my family throughout the time I've had this blog. To some I know we sound unusual in the closeness we share, the way we tumble over each other's lives, the visibility of our love for each other, but it is who we are. It is how we live together.

We laugh a lot, we do silly things, we dance together at random times or when particular songs come on the radio (our favorite is the country song, "Why Don't We Just Dance"), we sit on each other's lap (my favorite time to do this is when my daughter has friends visiting) and we take the phone out of each other's hands in mid-conversation. In this picture we are in a full fledged Silly String fight. The neighbors hardly raise an eyebrow to us anymore.

We are not without our problems, we have had our share (and then some) and there are times when I have to remind myself to look for the love we have for each other. But when I do that, when I look for it, actively seek it, it's easy to find.

No comments: