Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tuesday - August 16, 2011 - The County

Once again I am in awe of my state, of the beauty that surrounds me at every turn. We have 16 counties but only one that has earned the distinction of being called simply "The County". Up here, here where Canada touches us, the air carries the scent of pine and water and the people carry a familiarity and friendship that welcomes everyone.

Today I am in The County with my colleagues and while we will enjoy some down time in the beauty of this place, we are here to work, to learn from each other, lean on each other as we seek to understand our new roles and how we can best serve the people of our state. Those who rely on us, depend on us.

Up here we will do our work, surrounded by all that is good about Maine, all that is good about us. We will work, but at the end of the day we will take a moment, a moment by the shores of the lake and be thankful we are here, we are together and we serve Maine.

No comments: